Hickory Smoked Pickerel
|Pickerel fillets/Other fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Melted fat/Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Liquid smoke||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. Thaw frozen fish.
3. Chop the fish equally into serving size portions.
4. In a cup, blend rest of the ingredients to form a sauce
5. In a shallow baking dish, keep the fish in a single layer.
6. Pour the sauce on to the fish fillets and let it sit for 30 minutes.
7. Turn it once to apply the sauce evenly on all sides of the fish.
8. Remove the fish after 30 minutes and keep aside the sauce for basting.
9. On a well-greased, hinged wire grill, place the marinated fish fillet.
10. Set the grill rack at a height of 4 inches above heat source.
11. Grill for about 8 minutes.
12. Apply sauce onto the fish fillet.
13. Turn over the fish and cook the other side for another 7-10 minutes or until the fish flakes.
14. Serve hot.