Smothered Fish Steaks
|Fish steaks||2 Pound (6 Pieces)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||8 Ounce, drained (Reserving Liquid)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, drained, reserving liquid|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarse freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a shallow baking dish, place the fish steaks and spoon over the tomatoes, onion, garlic and mushrooms.
3) In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup water with the reserved liquid from the tomatoes and mushrooms.
4) Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper, blend well and pour over the fish.
5) Bake covered in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Then uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the fish is flakey.
6) Serve immediately in a nice plate.
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200 mg66.7%
Sodium 951.8 mg39.7%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.8%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 57 g114.2%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 25.8%
Calcium 22% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet