Fried Fish With Onions
|Fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter/Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||4 , thinly sliced|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) If the fish is frozen, thaw it.
2) Slice fillets into serving portions.
3) Mix together flour and paprika.
4) Season fish with 1 teaspoon of salt.
5) Coat fish with flour mixture.
6) In a skillet, over moderate heat, heat one-fourth cup of fat and brown fish in a single layer in it for 4 or 5 minutes.
7) Toss carefully and brown the other side for 4 or 5 minutes.
8) In the meantime, in another skillet, heat remaining fat and sauté onions in it until onions are limp.
9) Mix in vinegar and remaining salt and then simmer the mixture for 10 minutes until the liquid has evaporated.
10) Pour the mixture over fish and again cook for 10 minutes over low heat until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
11) Serve hot.
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 14 g69.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 208.1 mg69.4%
Sodium 817.4 mg34.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 43 g85.3%
Vitamin A 20.1% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet