Fish Fillets Yucatan Style
|Fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted fat/Melted oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced stuffed green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced pimientos||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw frozen fish.
3. In an 8X12 inch, well-greased baking dish, arrange the fillets in a single layer.
4. Drizzle lemon juice over the fish and season with salt.
5. In a skillet, melt fat and cook onions until soft.
6. Add flour and mix.
7. To this flour mixture, add olives, pimientos, saffron, and orange juice.
8. Stir constantly and cook until the sauce thickens.
9. Pour the sauce over the fillets.
10. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
11. When the fish flakes easily with a fork, the dish is ready to serve.
12. Serve hot and fresh.