Stuffed Whole Fish
|Whole sea bass/Cod / haddock||3 Pound, dressed and boned|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Sage leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|White bread slice||6 , cubed|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water
2. Drain and pat dry with paper toweling.
3. Grease a large baking dish with butter.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5. In a frying pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter or margarine.
6. Add and sauté onion until soft
7. Stir in sage and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
8. Add and toss bread cubes then take pan off heat.
9. Stir in egg and blend in
10. Stuff the fish cavity with this filling and place in the greased baking dish.
11. Make sauce by melt remaining butter or margarine in sauce pan and seasoning it with salt, lemon juice, and pepper.
12. Brush fish generously with the lemon butter.
13. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour until fish is flaky, basting it several times with remaining lemon butter.
14. Carefully transfer fish to a heated serving platter and drizzle butter from dish over the fish.
15. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley, if you wish.
16. Accompany fish with hollandaise or egg sauce if you like.