Fish Ish Kabobs
|Lean white fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Sesame seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|White onions||12 Small, cooked|
|Medium mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the fillet into serving size pieces.
2. In a large bowl, prepare a marinade mixture with oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.
3. Dip the fish cubes in the marinade; add onions and tomatoes to the fish. Mix them well.
4. Cut the bacon into cubes.
5. Take out the fish and the vegetables from the marinade bowl and add mushrooms to the marinade.
6. Coat the mushrooms lightly in the marinade.
7. In a skewer, skew fish, bacon, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms until the skewer is full.
8. In a frying pan, toast sesame seed over medium high heat until they are golden brown in color. Avoid scorching the sesame seeds.
9. Keep the toasted sesame seeds aside.
10. In a greased broiler pan, place the kabobs and place the pan about 3 inches from heat.
11. Broil for about 5 minutes until the bottom side is brown.
12. When the bottom side is broiled, turn over the kabobs.
13. With the help of a brush apply the marinade on the surface and broil until the other side is also brown.
14. In a serving plate, spread the toasted sesame seeds and coat the skewered kabobs with the seeds.