Tuna with Tomatoes
|Fresh tuna steaks||20 Ounce (4 In Number Of 150 Grams Or 5 Ounce Each)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Tomatoes||2 Pound, skinned and chopped (1 Kilograms)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaves||4 , chopped (A Few)|
|Anchovy fillets||4 , mashed|
1. Prepare the tuna steaks by washing them, pat drying them on absorbent kitchen paper, seasoning with salt and ground black pepper and dusting them lightly with flour.
2. In a large shallow frying pan heat half of the olive oil and sauté the tuna steaks such that golden on one side.
3. Flip the steaks over and cook on the other side such that golden.
4. Remove the steaks from the pan carefully, transfer to a dish and keep warm.
5. For making the sauce add the remaining oil to the pan and sauté the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes, such that they both are golden and soft.
6. Then stir the tomatoes, parsley, basil, bay leaf and mashed anchovies well.
7. Let the mixture boil such that it reduces and thickens.
8. To the pan add tuna steaks, season as per taste and let it simmer gently for 15 minutes turning once.
9. Remove from heat, add olives and let it stand for 5 minutes.
10. On to a warm serving dish, transfer the tuna steaks after removing the bayleaf and serve warm.