Marinated Pan Fried Fish
|Fillets||6 (Any Lean White Flesh Fish)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Ground chilies||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice/Juice of 1/2 lemon||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Toasted bread crumbs||4 Tablespoon|
|Fat||2 Tablespoon (bacon fat, or a mixture of butter and olive oil)|
1) Marinate fish fillets in a mixture of egg, ground chilies, turmeric, salt, lemon juice, and onion and keep in refrigerator for one hour, tossing occasionally.
2) Chop garlic cloves into a few pieces.
3) In a skillet, heat fat (bacon fat, or a mixture of butter and olive oil) and fry garlic lightly in it, taking them off from the heat when done.
4) Coat marinated fish fillets with toasted bread crumbs.
5) In the same skillet, sizzle fat and brown fillets in it until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
6) Garnish with parsley and sliced lemon and serve on a hot platter.
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.4 mg30.8%
Sodium 512.2 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 29 g58.7%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet