Grilled Fish Barbecue Style
|Vegetable oil cooking spray/Canola oil||1 (For greasing)|
|Vegetable stock/Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Red onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Paprika||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Fish fillets||24 Ounce (4 Pieces, 6 Ounces Each, Such As Catfish, Bluefish Or Striped Bass)|
1. Preheat the broiler and place the rack 5 inches from the heat.
2. Place a large wire rack, on a baking sheet and, cover it with aluminum foil and prick with a fork. Grease the foil with oil. Avoid using spray near a hot grill. Alternately coat a hinged fish grill basket with vegetable oil spray or canola oil.
3. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the fish.
4. Place pan on medium heat and bring the liquid to a boil, stirring.
5. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all flavors are blended in the sauce.
6. Take pan off the heat and let sauce cool.
7. Using a pair of tongs dip the fish fillets, one at a time, into to sauce and coat evenly of both sides. Allow the excess sauce to drip back into the pan, and then arrange the fillet on the prepared grilling rack.
8. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side until the fish flakes easily, basting the fillets with the sauce often.
9. Reheat the remaining sauce and pour in a sauce boat.
8. Serve the fish hot along with the sauce.
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg37.5%
Sodium 313.9 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 31 g62.9%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet