Sweet And Sour Jellied Fish
|Striped bass||3 Pound, head and tail removed|
|Onions||2 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large, pared and sliced|
|Mixed pickling spice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wipe fish with damp paper towels. Cut into 2-inch slices.
2. In 10-inch skillet, combine onion, carrot, salt, pepper, pickling spice, bay leaves and sugar with water.
3. Bring to boiling; simmer, covered, 30 minutes. Add vinegar.
4. Arrange fish on top; simmer, covered, 1 hour, basting occasionally, until fish flakes easily with fork.
5. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature in marinade—1/2 hour. Arrange fish on serving platter with sauce spooned over. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours, until sauce has jelled.
6. Serve as an appetizer or entree.