Baked Stuffed Fish
|Herb stuffing||1 Tablespoon|
1. Sprinkle fish cavity with salt.
2. Fill cavity 2/3 full with stuffing.
3. Close opening with wooden picks or skewers laced together with cord.
4. Line shallow baking pan with aluminum foil.
5. Cut 3 or 4 gashes through skin of fish on each side to prevent warping; place on foil.
6. Bake in hot oven (400°F.) 30 to 45 minutes, basting occasionally with melted butter or margarine.
7. Serve with Egg Sauce, Drawn Butter Sauce. Herb Stuffing. Combine 1/2 package prepared bread stuffing, 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, 1 small onion, grated, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, and salt, as needed.