|Ripe tomatoes/14-ounce can plum tomatoes||2 Pound (4 Medium Sized)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small|
|Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Monkfish fillets||2 Pound (4 Fillets)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Good Quality)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Skin and mince shallots measuring 3 tablespoons.
2) Peel and mince garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
3) Blanch tomatoes into boiling water for 15 seconds.
4) Strain tomatoes and run under cold water.
5) Wash parsley, trim stems and dry in paper towels. Mince measuring 3/4 cup and keep remining for use later. Keep aside.
6) Skin and halve tomotoes, core and deseed. Chop coasresely measuring to 4 cups. Keep aside.
7) In large saucepan bring 2 quarts water to a boil over high heat.
8) In a pie pan add flour or on sheet of waxed paper.
9) Rinse fish under cold running water and dry with paper towels.
10) Cut fillet on diagonal into 1-inch-wide slices.
11) In large heavy-gauge nonaluminum skillet heat oil over high heat
12) Dredge each piece in flour, shake off the excess and add to the skillet. Fry for 1 1/2 minutes per side till golden.
13) Transfer monkfish to heatproof platter, loosely cover with foil and keep warm in 200-degree oven.
14) Place 4 dinner plates in oven to keep warm.
15) Take out oil from skillet, add butter heat over medium-high till butter sizzles.
16) Add shallots, garlic, parsley, tomatoes, and fish juices from the platter.
17) Mix salt and pepper to taste. Cover and remove from heat and keep warm till serve.
18) Place fish on dinner plates and pour sauce on it.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1760 Calories from Fat 843
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.9%
Saturated Fat 38.5 g192.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 355.8 mg118.6%
Sodium 670.1 mg27.9%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 15.4 g61.5%
Sugars 24.9 g
Protein 148 g296.5%
Vitamin A 374.8% Vitamin C 441%
Calcium 35.9% Iron 80.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet