Smoky Fish Skewers
|Smoked cod fillets||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Cod fillet||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Raw prawns||8 Large (Shrimp)|
|Sunflower oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice/Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon/Lime||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Dried dill||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Skin both types of cod and cut the flesh into bite-size pieces. Peel the prawns (shrimp), leaving just the tail.
2. To make the marinade, combine the sunflower oil, lemon or lime juice, grated lemon or lime rind, dried dill and salt and pepper to taste in a shallow, non-metallic dish.
3. Place the fish in the marinade and stir until the fish is well coated on all sides. Leave to marinate for 1-4 hours.
4. Thread the fish on to 4 skewers, alternating the 2 types of cod with the prawns (shrimp) and bay leaves.
5. Cover the rack with lightly buttered kitchen foil and place the fish skewers on top of the toil.
6. Barbecue (grill) the fish skewers over hot coals for 5-10 minutes, basting with any remaining marinade, turning once.
7. Garnish with fresh dill and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1940 Calories from Fat 619
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.6%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2114.3 mg704.8%
Sodium 4243.8 mg176.8%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 319 g638.9%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 73.1%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 30.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet