Salt Mackerel Baked In Cream
|Salt mackerel||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mint||2 Tablespoon|
1. Add mackerel to cold water and allow to soak for about 10 hours. Change the water twice.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
3. Drain the fish and keep aside.
4. Add paprika and pepper to flour and mix well. Dust mackerel with flour mixture, arrange in a shallow baking dish, greased with butter, top with milk, followed by cream and dot with butter. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle mint on top and serve.
Calories 713 Calories from Fat 457
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.8%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.9 mg23.3%
Sodium 32.7 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 46 g91.6%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet