|Codfish||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Boneless)|
|Mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fat/Oil||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Place the codfish in a shallow dish and cover it with cold water. Allow fish to soak overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Drain the fish well and place in a saucepan, covering it with water.
3. Boil the fish for 10 to 12 minutes until flakey.
4. Drain and let cool slightly
5. Flake and add to a bowl with mashed potatoes.
6. Add egg yolks, butter and pepper to the mash.
7. Stir with a spatula or mix well with hand.
8. In a large shallow skillet or frying pan, heat 3 inches of fat or oil over a medium flame.
9. Use a tablespoon to drop the fish mixture into the hot fat, about 5-6 at a time.
10. Fry until evenly golden brown
11. Remove the fish balls onto a platter lined with paper toweling to drain.
12. Keep the fried balls warm in an oven set at 250 degree F until you fry the remaining
13. Arrange on a patter.
14. Serve hot and crispy accompanied with tartar sauce or garlic mayonnaise if you like.