Barbecued Herrings with Lemon
|Herrings||4 , cleaned|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
|Unsalted butter||1 3⁄4 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crusty bread||1 (To Serve)|
1. Season the prepared herrings inside and out with freshly ground salt to taste.
2. Place a bay leaf inside the cavity of each fish.
3. Place 4 squares of kitchen foil on the work surface and divide the lemon slices evenly among them. Place a fish on top of the lemon slices.
4. Beat the butter until softened, then mix in the parsley and lemon pepper. Dot the flavoured butter liberally all over the fish.
5. Wrap the fish tightly in the kitchen foil and barbecue (grill) over medium hot coals for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through - the flesh should be white in colour and firm to the touch (unwrap the foil to check, then wrap up the fish again).
6. Transfer the wrapped fish parcels to individual, warm serving plates.
7. Unwrap the foil parcels just before serving and serve the fish with fresh, crusty bread to mop up the deliriously flavoured cooking juices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1214 Calories from Fat 771
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g131.7%
Saturated Fat 37 g184.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 346.7 mg115.6%
Sodium 1091.9 mg45.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 78 g156.8%
Vitamin A 90.2% Vitamin C 148.7%
Calcium 35% Iron 52.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet