Fish Coconut Chilly Fry
|Grated coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||8 (1 string)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
1. Clean the fish pieces well and keep aside.
2. Crush the 1 tsp fennel seeds and keep aside.
3. Grind the coconut, pearl onions in to a fine paste and keep aside.
4. Put the fish pieces in a bowl, add the coconut paste, crushed fennel seeds, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt, curry leaves and mix well.
5. Marinate this for 1/2 an hour in refrigerator.
6. Heat 2 tsp oil in a kadai, put the fish pieces 2 at a time and keep in medium flame. Add oil on sides and Cover cook for 3-5mins.
7. Uncover and turn the fish to the other side, add oil on the sides and cover cook for 3mins.
8. Remove the lid and roast till golden brown and garnish with cilantro.
Tastes excellent when served hot with fish tamarind curry(already posted) and curd rice. Enjoy!!