Pork Chops with Anchovy Sauce
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork loin chops||2 Pound, pounded|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Rinse anchovies under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
2) With a sharp paring knife or vegetable peeler cut four orange peels into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Reserve orange.
3) Blend anchovies and butter in food processor with steel blade and process until smooth.
4) Transfer mixture into small bowl, seal in a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
5) Put flour in pie pan or on sheet of waxed paper.
6) Heat oil in large heavy nonaluminum skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
7) Pat dry pork chops with paper towels. Dredge chops with flour, shake off excess, and fry chops in skillet browning each side for 4 minutes.
8) Cut chilled anchovy butter into small cubes.
9) Place the chops in the platter, covering loosely with foil, and place on stove top.
10) Add fat from skillet, add wine and boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
11) Blend in stock and boil mixture for 3 to 4 minutes till reduced to 2 tablespoons.
12) Reduce heat and add anchovy butter to skillet, whipping till butter is merged. Cook on simmering heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
13) Add pepper remove sauce from heat and place on stove top.
14) Place pork chops in 4 dinner plates.
15) Add sauceon the top and sprinkle minced parsley.
16) Serve with a twist of orange rind and a sprig of parsley.