Shark En Brochette
|Shark steaks||2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Take an ice cold saline solution prepared by dissolving 1 cup salt in 1 gallon water. Allow shark meat to soak in this solution for 2 hours before cooking.
2. Prepare a mixture of lemon juice with thyme, pepper, oil, parsley and salt.
3. Take a bowl, arrange fish, cut into 1 inch pieces in the bowl. Top with parsley mixture and allow to stand for half an hour.
4. Meanwhile, fry bacon till it is well-cooked, but not crispy. Make each slice into three.
5. Take 6 skewers and arrange bacon and fish on them alternatively and allow to cook for 5 minutes on fairly hot coals at a distance of 4 inches. Keep basting with the sauce occasionally.
6. Turn to flipside and continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes or till bacon turns crispy.
7. Arrange on a bed of rice and serve immediately.