|White fish steaks||4|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 3⁄4 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Sunflower oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Rinse the fish steaks and pat them dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
2. Mix together the paprika, thyme, cayenne peppers, black and white peppers, salt and allspice in a shallow dish.
3. Place the butter and oil in a small saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter melts.
4. Brush the butter mixture liberally all over the fish steaks, on both sides.
5. Dip the fish into the spicy mix until well coated on both sides.
6. Barbecue (grill) the fish over hot coals for about 10 minutes on each side, turning once. Continue to baste the blackened fish with the remaining butter mixture during the cooking time.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2249 Calories from Fat 1249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g216.6%
Saturated Fat 32.1 g160.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.7 mg35.6%
Sodium 988 mg41.2%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.3%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 125 g249.2%
Vitamin A 229% Vitamin C 31.8%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 68.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet