Marinated Spicy Fresh Water Smelts
|Smelts/Horse mackerel fillets cut into slices||20|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Rice vinegar||5 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||5 Small, sliced|
1) Prepare the smelts, rinse well and pat dry; season with salt and pepper, dust lightly with the flour.
2) In a suitable skillet, deep- fry the the fish in 3 inches of vegetable oil at 340 Deg F until golden brown.
3) In a saucepan, add all the marinade ingredients, allow to boil.
4) In a large dish, lay the deep fried fish and the onions in the marinade and rest for a minimum 30 min.
5) Serve as desired, chilled or at normal room temperature.