Spicy Fried Fish
|Red snapper fillets||2 Pound, skinned and deboned (Preferred Fish Steaks)|
|Red chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice/Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra light olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Shallow Frying)|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place fillets on a large cutting board.
2. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Rub into snapper and marinate for 15 minutes. Note: Besides turmeric’s health benefits, it also acts as a preservative.
3. On a flat plate, spread flour. Gently press both sides of the snapper onto the flour, coating it evenly.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Shallow-fry fish for 10 minutes (about 5 minutes on each side, or until fish is cooked through).
5. Salt to taste. Squirt a few drops of lime juice on the snapper and garnish with cilantro. Serve with raita, rice, or pasta.
This video is a creation of flexcook. You can visit flexcook for complete recipes, and more videos.
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.9 mg28%
Sodium 276.6 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 51 g101.9%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet