Sweet And Sour Fish
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||8 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Small, cut into 1/2 inch strips|
|Frozen fish fillets||16 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
1) Take a 2-quart glass measure or deep casserole dish and stir cornstarch well to dissolve it in cold water.
2) Stir in the tomato sauce, pineapple chunks, brown sugar, vinegar, onion, and green pepper to this and mix well to dissolve the sugar.
3) Microwave for 4 minutes at HIGH, stirring once; then at the end of cooking period, stir the mixture well.
4) Allow the sauce to thicken and bubbly by microwaving it again at HIGH for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
5) Take a 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish and place fillets in it with thicker portions to outside of dish (If essential, thinner portions may overlap).
6) Spoon evenly the sauce over fillets and cover with waxed paper.
7) Test the fillets with a fork whether fish flakes easily after microwaving them at MEDIUM HIGH for 7 to 9 minutes, giving dish one half-turn during cooking.
8) Serve hot.