Broiled Mackerel With Onion Slices
|Onions||3 , sliced|
1) Clean the mackerel but not split.
2) Rub the inside with salt.
3) With a sharp knife, make several slits on each side of the fish.
4) In each slit on the top side, place a slice of onion and a dot of butter.
5) Place fish in preheated broiling compartment, about 6 inches from source of heat.
6) Broil the fish for 3 minutes, turn over and place onion slices and dots of butter on the slit.
7) Broil 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
8) Serve over bed of greens.