|Stewing lamb||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Young carrots||1⁄2 Pound, sliced lengthways|
|Turnip||1 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Broth/Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Trim the meat and neatly cut it into pieces.
3) In a sauté pan, heat the fat and brown the meat pieces. Move them to a casserole.
4) In the fat left behind in the pan, brown the onion and place it in the casserole as well.
5) Except peas, add all other ingredients to the casserole, cover it and cook in preheated oven for about 1 ¼ hours.
6) Add the peas and cook for another 20 to 30 minutes.
7) Serve hot after removing the mint and thyme and adjusting seasoning to taste.