Orange Roughy Thermidor
|Orange roughy fillets||24 Ounce (Fresh Or Frozen, Four 6 Ounce Each)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Defrost the frozen fish.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°.
3. Make lengthwise portions of the fillets, fold them from the thin end and seal with a toothpick.
4. Take a slightly oiled 13x9x2 inch baking pan and arrange fillets on it.
5. Drizzle milk all over the fillets and season with peppers.
6. Put the lid on and bake the fish for 30 minutes till the time fish starts chipping.
7. Strain the fish and keep the milk aside.
8. Take a 1 quart saucepan and heat butter or margarine in it.
9. Put flour and the kept aside milk and stir till it gets frothy and thickens.
10. Put cheese and cook on low flame until the cheese melts.
11. Stir in lemon juice.
12. Put the sauce on the fish in the baking pan and roast for 2-3 minutes till it gets brown.
13. Toss the fish and sauce over hot cooked rice and serve.