Kensington Milter Herring
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required To Cover)|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
|Onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Pickling spice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon (As Required To Cover)|
1. Keep the herring soaked in water for 4 hours.
2. Change the water two times.
3. Split along the middle of the back with the aid of a sharp knife after cutting off the heads and tails.
4. Lift the herring carefully off the backbone and throw it away.
5. Preserve the milt or the fish sperm after taking it out.
6. Cut the herring fillets into pieces 3 inches in length.
7. Take a crock and add the rest of the ingredients to it along with alternate layers of milt and herring pieces.
8. Add the vinegar.
9. Top it with milt crushed by means of a fork.
10. Keep it refrigerated for 10 days after covering it.
11. Serve as required.