Baked Fish In Banana Leaves
|Coconut milk||8 Fluid Ounce (1 Cup Or 250 Milliliter)|
|Red curry paste||10 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Fish sauce||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Caster sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Kaffir lime leaves||5 , torn|
|Fish fillets||24 Ounce (4 Pieces, Such As Snapper, 6 Ounce Or 175 Gram Each)|
|Mixed vegetables||6 Ounce, finely shredded (175 Gram, Such As Carrots Or Leeks)|
|Shredded spring onions||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon, To Garnish)|
|Red chilies||2 , finely sliced (To Garnish)|
1. Combine the coconut milk, curry-paste, fish sauce, sugar and kaffir lime leaves in a shallow dish.
2. Marinate the fish in this mixture for about 15-30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
3. Mix the vegetables together and lay a portion on top of a banana leaf or piece of foil. Place a piece of fish on top with a little of its marinade.
4. Wrap the fish up by turning in the sides and ends of the leaf and secur. with cocktail sticks. (With foil, just crumple the edges together.) Repeat with the rest of the fish.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fish is cooked. Alternatively, cook under the grill or on a barbecue. Just before serving, garnish the fish with a sprinkling of spring onions and sliced red chillies.
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg37.5%
Sodium 1190.9 mg49.6%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 33 g66.2%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 12% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet