|Long grain rice||225 Gram|
|Smoked haddock fillet||450 Gram|
|Frozen pasteurized egg||90 Milliliter, thawed|
|Single cream||90 Milliliter|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||15 Milliliter|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
1. Cook the rice in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and rinse with hot water.
2. Poach the haddock fillets in water until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively place the haddock in a shallow dish with a little water, cover with microwave cling film and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked.)
3. Remove the skin and any bones from the fish, and flake the fish with a fork.
4. Mix the egg and cream. Melt the butter or margarine in a large saucepan, remove from the heat and stir in the haddock, rice and egg mixture. Season with a little salt and cayenne pepper and a pinch of grated nutmeg.
5. Return the pan to the heat and stir over a low heat for about 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the parsley. Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2132 Calories from Fat 891
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g156.1%
Saturated Fat 63.2 g316.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 274.4 mg91.5%
Sodium 630.9 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g62.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 116 g232.3%
Vitamin A 127.2% Vitamin C 35.9%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet