Black Tapenade with Sea Bass, Flageolet Beans and Roasted Tomatoes
|Black olives||4 Ounce, pitted (125 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Virgin olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea bass/Cod / other white fish||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Basil leaves||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Flageolet beans||13 Ounce, drained (800 Gram)|
|Basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Put the olives, anchovy fillets, crushed garlic and capers into a food processor or blender and blend to a rough puree. Add 5 tablespoons of the virgin olive oil, the lemon juice and salt and pepper and briefly blend once more.
2. Put the fish steaks into a roasting tin, arrange the tomatoes around them and drizzle with the remaining virgin olive oil. Roast in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, for 10-15 minutes or until just cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, put the basil leaves in a saucepan with the extra virgin olive oil and heat very gently for 3-4 minutes or until the leaves begin to wilt.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, allow to cool, then blend to a coarse puree in a food processor or blender, or use a pestle or mortar. Add this basil oil to the drained flageolet beans, season with salt and pepper and set aside to allow the flavours to infuse.
5. Remove the fish from the oven and immediately spread each steak with some of the black olive tapenade. Serve the roasted fish on a bed of flageolet beans and topped with the roasted tomatoes and basil leaves.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3532 Calories from Fat 2141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 237 g364.2%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.1 mg25.4%
Sodium 2145.1 mg89.4%
Total Carbohydrates 233 g77.7%
Dietary Fiber 87.2 g348.8%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 113 g226.7%
Vitamin A 119.9% Vitamin C 96.9%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 27.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet