Meen Peera Pattichathu Fish With Grated Coconut
|Fish fillets/Any small fish||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Green chilies||5 , sliced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kokum||3 , soaked in water and shredded (Fish Tamarind)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (Preferably Coconut Oil)|
1. Clean fish well in salted water.
2. Crush coconut, onions, ginger, chillies and garlic under a grinding stone. Add the turmeric powder.
3. Mix in the raw fish with the crushed ingredients, curry leaves and salt to taste.
4. Put the mixture in a pan or an earthenware vessel, add the cocum and one cup water to cook the fish.
5. Bring to boil, lower the heat and allow the mixture to dry out, taking care to see that the curry does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
6. Lace with coconut oil and serve hot.