Fish Fillets with A Chilli Sauce
|Flat fish fillet||16 Ounce (such as plaice, sole or flounder, 4 pieces, 4 ounce / 115 gram each)|
|Lemon juice||10 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Finely chopped fresh coriander||15 Milliliter|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Lime wedges||4 (for garnish)|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Grated fresh ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Chili sauce||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Malt vinegar||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Water||1⁄2 Pint (300 milliliter / 1 1/4 cup)|
1. Rinse, pat dry and place the fish fillets in a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice, fresh coriander and oil and rub into the fish. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour. The flavour will improve if you can leave it for longer.
2. To make the sauce, mix together all the sauce ingredients, pour into a small saucepan and simmer over a low heat for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Preheat the grill to medium. Cook the fillets under the grill for about .5-7 minutes.
4. When the fillets are cooked, remove and arrange them on a warmed serving dish.
5. The chilli sauce should now be fairly thick - about the consistency of a thick chicken soup.
6. Spoon the sauce over the fillets, garnish with the lime wedges and coriander leaves, and serve with rice.
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70 mg23.3%
Sodium 560.5 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.5%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 24 g48.8%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet