Fish Forcemeat Balls
|Hot cream/Evaporated milk / milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Raw fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Halibut / Bass, Shad / Canned Salmon / Tuna Fish)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Pour the heated cream or milk over the bread crumbs, stir to mix thoroughly, then add eggs and beat until the mixture is smooth and thickened.
2. Put the fish through the food chopper 3 times.
3. Add the ground fish, salt and pepper to the egg and milk mixture. Beat until smooth.
4. Drop from a teaspoon into the boiling water and cook 8 to 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
5. Serve as a garnish for baked or boiled fish or fish pudding; or use as a stuffing when baking small fish. Place 1 forcemeat dumpling inside each small fish before baking; use 2 or more for larger fish.