Fish Curry Maharashtra
|Red chilies||10 Gram (Sankeshwari Or Kashmiri Chilies)|
|Green chilies||5 Gram|
|Cocum pieces/Tamarind pieces||5|
|Coriander leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
1. Clean fish and slice.
2. Grind red chillies, slice onions, slit green chillies.
3. Soak tamarind in water and squeeze out the pulp. Strain.
4. Grate the coconut. Prepare 2 extracts of the coconut milk the first thick (about 1 cup), and the second thin (about 2 cups).
5. Heat oil. Saute onions and slit green chillies.
6. Add ground chillies, curry powder, and turmeric mixed with a little water. Fry well till the oil floats on top.
7. Add the second extraction of coconut milk, cocum or tamarind juice, fish and salt to taste.
8. Simmer till the fish is done.
9. Add the first extraction of coconut milk.
10. Check for seasoning.
11. Bring to a boil. Add chopped coriander leaves and remove.