Fish With Mango
|Fish fillets||1⁄2 Kilogram, cut into small pieces|
|Coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||9 Clove (45 gm)|
|Green chilies||6 , half slit|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, julienned|
|Raw mango||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated and ground to a paste|
|Coconut oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Button onions||1 Teaspoon, sliced|
|Red chilies||3 , quartered|
1. Clean fish well in salted water.
2. Grind coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and garlic together.
3. Mix the fish with the ground ingredients, slit green chillies, julienned ginger and mango slices. Add 1 cup water and salt and cook.
4. When the mango pieces get soft, add ground cocount. Cook over low heat until the gravy is thick.
5. Heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter. Saute onions, chillies and curry leaves. Remove from heat.
6. Mix the curry with the seasoning and serve hot.
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.7 mg27.6%
Sodium 229.6 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 25 g49.6%
Vitamin A 19.7% Vitamin C 108.1%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet