Gingered Cod Steaks
|Ginger root||1 Inch, peeled|
|Chopped parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cod steaks||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Half fat butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Cooked vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the grill and line the grill rack with a layer of tinfoil. Coarsely grate the piece of ginger. Trim the spring onions and cut into thin strips.
2. Mix the spring onions, ginger, chopped parsley and sugar. Add 1 tablespoon of water.
3. Wipe the fish steaks. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place on to 4 separate 20.5 x 20.5 cm /8 x 8 inch tinfoil squares.
4. Carefully spoon the spring onions and ginger mixture over the fish.
5. Cut the butter into small cubes and place over the fish.
6. Loosely fold the foil over the steaks to enclose the fish and to make a parcel.
7. Place under the preheated grill and cook for 10-12 minutes or until cooked and the flesh has turned opaque.
8. Place the fish parcels on individual serving plates. Serve immediately with the freshly cooked vegetables.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.2 mg24.4%
Sodium 559.2 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 37 g74.1%
Vitamin A 185.9% Vitamin C 54.1%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet