Baked Fish Steaks Swiss
|Fish steaks||2 Pound (In 2 Pieces)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream/Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Start oven, set at Hot, 425° F. Rub a baking pan with margarine or butter.
2. Wipe the fish with a clean, damp cloth.
3. Arrange in the bottom of the pan the onion slices, parsley, bay leaf, marjoram, cloves, salt and pepper. Place the fish steaks on top of these seasonings. Add the wine, vinegar and enough water just to cover the fish. Cover the pan and let stand in the refrigerator 2 to 4 hours. Turn the fish once during this period.
4. Set the pan on top of the range and heat to the boiling point. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
5. Set the pan in the oven, or transfer the ingredients to a baking dish. Pour the cream or milk around the fish, and dot the fish with butter. Bake 10 minutes. Remove to a warmed serving plate. Pour the sauce from the pan around die fish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2002 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.5%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 648.6 mg216.2%
Sodium 3207.5 mg133.6%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g71.9%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 96.5 g
Protein 173 g345.2%
Vitamin A 44.5% Vitamin C 75.3%
Calcium 112.1% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet