Baked Fish Steaks Swiss
|Fish steaks||2 Pound (In 2 Pieces)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream/Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Start oven, set at Hot, 425° F. Rub a baking pan with margarine or butter.
2. Wipe the fish with a clean, damp cloth.
3. Arrange in the bottom of the pan the onion slices, parsley, bay leaf, marjoram, cloves, salt and pepper. Place the fish steaks on top of these seasonings. Add the wine, vinegar and enough water just to cover the fish. Cover the pan and let stand in the refrigerator 2 to 4 hours. Turn the fish once during this period.
4. Set the pan on top of the range and heat to the boiling point. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
5. Set the pan in the oven, or transfer the ingredients to a baking dish. Pour the cream or milk around the fish, and dot the fish with butter. Bake 10 minutes. Remove to a warmed serving plate. Pour the sauce from the pan around die fish.