|Red snapper||1 Large, cleaned|
|Tamarind concentrate||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wholemeal||1 Tablespoon (To Coat)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Wash snapper, pat it dry. Stab fish few times with fork.
2. Mix tamarind, salt with 1/4 cup water. Marinate fish in this liquid in refrigerator for at least 4hrs.
3. Coat fish with flour on both sides.
4. Heat oil in large non-stick trypan or non-stick electric trypan. Place fish in pan, brown one side. Gently turn fish to brown other side.
5. Turn heat to low, cover, cook fish til it is cooked through, (approx. 3-4 mins)
6. Carefully remove fish from pan and place in serving dish. Keep warm.
For Nuste Sauce-
1. Return fry-pan to heat, saute onion on high till golden brown. Add Tandoori and tomato pastes. Stir on medium heat for 5 mins.
2. Add whitebait, chilli, sugar. Stir well, cover, cook on low for 5-7 mins.
3. Adjust salt, chilli to taste.Stir in coriander.
4. Spoon this prepared sauce on fish. Serve hot.