Broccoli with Anchovy and Trottole
|Trottole/Orecchetti / penne pasta||12 Ounce (350 Grams)|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Cherry tomatoes||10 , halved and roasted|
|Broccoli||8 Ounce, roughly chopped (Stalk And Florets, 250 Grams)|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaves||3 Tablespoon|
|Black olives||10 , pitted|
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the pasta and boil for 8-12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and still has a bite.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large saucepan, add the garlic and heat gently for 1-2 minutes to release the flavour. Do not allow the garlic to burn or over-brown. Add the anchovy fillets and roasted tomatoes to the oil and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. The juice from the tomato will ooze out and the anchovy fillets will disintegrate into the oil.
3. Put the broccoli into a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to stand for 2 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a bowl of cold water to refresh and stop any further cooking.
4. Add the broccoli to the pan of flavoured oil with the capers and coat in the oil. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the chopped parsley and toss together.
5. Add the remaining olive oil, the pepper, basil leaves and olives and mix lightly. Serve while piping hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2685 Calories from Fat 1265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g220.6%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g83.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19 mg6.3%
Sodium 2585 mg107.7%
Total Carbohydrates 288 g96.2%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.7%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 60 g120.4%
Vitamin A 171.6% Vitamin C 510.1%
Calcium 53.5% Iron 71.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet