Monkfish & Okra Balti
|Monkfish||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 1/4 inch cubes (750 Gram)|
|Okra||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ginger root||1 Inch, sliced|
|Coconut milk/Fish stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup)|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander sprig||3 (Cilantro)|
1. To make the marinade, mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Stir the monkfish into the bowl and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
3. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the okra and boil for 4—5 minutes. Drain well and cut into 1 cm/ 1/2 inch slices.
4. Heat the oil in a Balti pan or wok, add the onion and stir-fry until golden brown. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
5. Add the fish and marinade juices to the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the okra, coconut milk or stock and garam masala and simmer for 10 minutes.