Barbecued Fish Fillets
|Minced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen haddock fillets/Frozen cod fillets||1 Pound, thawed (1 Package)|
|Regular all-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Catchup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||4 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||4 Teaspoon|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
About 45 minutes before serving:
1. In electric skillet at 350Â°F., or regular skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter; in it saute onion until golden; remove onion.
2. Meanwhile, blot fillets dry with paper towels, if necessary. Cut into serving portions; then dip into combined flour, salt, and pepper.
3. Now, in same skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter; in it lightly brown fish on both sides, turning carefully with pancake turner. Then spread onion over fish.
4. Combine catchup, lemon juice, water, sugar, Worcestershire, and mustard; pour over fish. Reduce temperature to 200Â°F. to 220Â°F., or reduce heat to low; simmer fish, covered, 20 minutes, or until it can be flaked easily with a fork. Top with parsley.
5. Serve with toasted corn-bread squares, coleslaw, fresh berries, and iced tea.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2592 Calories from Fat 1237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g211.1%
Saturated Fat 60.8 g304.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 325 mg108.3%
Sodium 6934.8 mg288.9%
Total Carbohydrates 279 g93.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 95.1 g
Protein 62 g123.4%
Vitamin A 139.7% Vitamin C 256.4%
Calcium 24.9% Iron 59.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet