|Cooked basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked deboned skinned flaked fish||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheese||225 Gram, grated|
|Hard boiled eggs||2 , sliced|
|Mornay sauce||300 Milliliter (1 1/4 Cups)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Melt butter in a pan, add fish and rice and mix well.
2. Add half the eggs with cheese, parsley, seasoning and sauce mornay. Stir well.
3. Add lemon juice, mix well, pile the mixture onto a serving dish. Decorate with remaining egg slices. Serve hot.
For Vegetarian Kedgeree
1. Use 1 cup boiled, mixed vegetable or cooked soya bean nuggets instead offish. Method and ingredients as above.
2. Omit eggs - use lemon slices for decoration.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2708 Calories from Fat 1796
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 202 g311.2%
Saturated Fat 77 g385.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1165.1 mg388.4%
Sodium 4375.1 mg182.3%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 139 g278.6%
Vitamin A 108.8% Vitamin C 56.3%
Calcium 173.4% Iron 34.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet