|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Onion||1 Small, skinned and finely chopped|
|Eating apple||1 , peeled and coarsely grated|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50 g)|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Orange||1⁄2 , finely grated rind|
|Mackerel||4 , cleaned and heads removed|
|Fresh orange juice||60 Milliliter (4 tbs)|
|Orange wedges||4 (to garnish)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon (to garnish)|
1. Put 25 g (1 oz) of the butter into an ovenproof bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds until the butter melts. Add the onion. Cover with cling film, pulling hack one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 3—4 minutes until the onion softens.
2. Stir the apple, cheese, breadcaimbs and orange rind into the softened onion and season very well with salt and pepper.
3. Fill each fish with the apple stuffing and secure the opening with wooden cocktail sticks. Slash the skin three times on each side.
4. Put the remaining butter into a large shallow ovenproof dish large enough to take the fish in a single layer. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute until melted. Stir in the orange juice.
5. Place the fish in the dish side by side and cover with greaseproof paper. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, turn over the mackerel and re-position them so that the outside fish are in the middle. Re-cover and microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes until the fish are cooked and the flesh flakes easily. Remove the cocktail sticks.
6. Garnish the mackerel with orange wedges and parsley and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8584 Calories from Fat 5105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 568 g873.5%
Saturated Fat 158.8 g794.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2701.1 mg900.4%
Sodium 4204.1 mg175.2%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.3%
Dietary Fiber 24.2 g96.8%
Sugars 93.5 g
Protein 694 g1387.5%
Vitamin A 219.6% Vitamin C 635.5%
Calcium 126.4% Iron 345.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet