Hot Chilli Quick Grilled Fish
|Whole fish/Null||2 Pound (2 In Number, 1 Pound Or 500 Gram Each)|
|Light soy sauce/Null||4 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Medium dry sherry/Null||3 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Dried chinese mushrooms/Null||4 (Null)|
|Cornflour/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Groundnut oil/Null||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Garlic/Null||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed (Null)|
|Thin ginger slices/Null||8 (Paper Thin And 1 3/4 Inch Long)|
|Onions spring/Null||4 , shredded (Null)|
|Red chilies/Null||2 Large, seeded and shredded (Null)|
|Salt/Null||To Taste (Null)|
|Pepper/Null||To Taste (Null)|
1. Slash the fish twice on each side. Mix half of the soy sauce with the sherry, then rub into the fish. Leave to marinate for 2 hours.
2. Cover the mushrooms with boiling water and leave to soak for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving the water, discard the stalks and thinly slice the caps. Set aside.
3.Cook the fish under a preheated medium grill for about 4 minutes on each side, or until the flesh flakes. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, blend the remaining soy sauce with the cornflour, making up to 150 ml ( 1/4 pint) with the reserved mushroom soaking liquid; set aside.
5. Heat the oil in a wok, add the garlic, ginger, spring onions, chillies and mushroom slices and stir-fry for 1 minute.
6. Pour in the sauce and cook, stirring, until thickened. Remove some of the spring onions and chillies with a slotted spoon and arrange attractively on the fish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1089 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5343.6 mg222.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 149 g298.9%
Vitamin A 247.2% Vitamin C 238.8%
Calcium 221.1% Iron 245%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet