Cod Steaks With Almonds
|Flaked almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Cod steak||6 (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Chicken stock/Fish stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, skinned and chopped|
|Flour||15 Milliliter (1 Leveled Tablespoon)|
|Sour cream||10 Fluid Ounce (300 Milliliter)|
1. Spread the flaked almonds evenly over a flat ovenproof plate. Microwave the nuts on HIGH for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Set aside.
2. Place the cod steaks in a shallow ovenproof dish with the thickest parrs to the outside of the dish. Dot the fish with 25 g (1 oz) of the butter and season well with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
3. Cover the dish loosely with cling film or greaseproof paper and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes per 450 g (1 lb). Turn over the steaks and re-position them once during cooking.
4. Drain the cooking juices from the cod steaks into a measuring jug and make them up to 300 ml (1/2 pint) with stock.
5. Place the cod steaks on a latge ovenproof serving dish, cover and set aside.
6. Put the remaining 25 g (1 oz) butter in an ovenproof bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds until the butter melts. Stir in the onion. Cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes until the onion softens.
7. Stir the flour into the onion and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in the stock. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds and whisk well. Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2-2 minutes until the sauce boils, whisking every 30 seconds.
8. Stir the soured cream into the sauce and season well with salt and pepper. Microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes until hot but not boiling, stirring every 30 seconds.
9. Stir the almonds into the sauce and pour evenly over the cod steaks. Microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes to heat through.