Filipino Pesang Isda
|Fish||2 Large, sliced|
|Baby bok choy/Pechay||2 Bunch (200 gm), cleaned and ends removed|
|Rice washing||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Green onions/Onion leeks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced and pounded|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon (Patis)|
|Whole peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||8 Tablespoon|
1. Rub salt on the fish and set aside.
2. Heat a frying pan then pour-in 6 tablespoons of cooking oil.
3. Fry the fish until the color of one side turns golden brown. Flip to fry the other side then turn off the heat and set the fish aside.
4. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
5. When the oil is hot enough, sauté garlic, ginger and onion.
6. Put-in the fish sauce and whole peppercorn then stir.
7. Pour-in the rice washing then let boil,
8. Put-in the fried fish then simmer for 10 minutes in low heat.
9. Add the chopped green onions and bok choy and simmer for 3 minutes.
10. Transfer to a serving plate then serve.
11. Share and enjoy!
Calories 661 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.1%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130 mg43.3%
Sodium 1057.7 mg44.1%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 55 g109.6%
Vitamin A 31.8% Vitamin C 26.5%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet