Lemon Poached Salmon Steaks
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Chopped mixed herbs||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons, Fresh Ones)|
|Dry white wine||7 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Carrot||1 Small, peeled and very finely sliced|
|Celery stick||1 , washed, trimmed and very finely sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, skinned and very finely sliced|
|White peppercorns||6 , crushed|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (5 Milliliter)|
|Lemon||1 , rind thinly peeled and lemon juiced strained|
|Thick salmon steaks||6 (1 Inch Thick Steaks)|
1. To make the herb butter, cream the butter until soft. If it is very hard, microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds until soft. Stir in the herbs, salt and pepper and beat together well. Shape the butter into a roll and wrap it in greaseproof paper or kitchen foil. Leave it in the refrigerator to harden while cooking the fish.
2. Put the wine, vegetables, bay leaf, peppercorns, parsley, salt, lemon rind and juice into a deep ovenproof casserole and add 450 ml (3/4 pint) water. Cover with the lid and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes or until the liquid is boiling.
3. Uncover the casserole and gently lower in the salmon steaks. Replace the lid and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or until the liquid starts to bubble.
4. Microwave on HIGH for a further 2-3 minutes until the fish is tender. Give the dish a half turn halfway through cooking.
5. Replace the lid after testing the fish and leave it to stand for 5 minutes. While the fish is standing, cut the butter into slices about 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) thick. Remove the fish carefully with a slotted spoon. Serve hot with the herb butter.