|Potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound (4 Medium Size)|
|Canned norway kippers||13 Ounce (4 Cans, 3 1/4 Cans)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Butter a 2-qt. casserole. Heat water for hot water bath.
2. Wash, pare and cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices.
3. Cook about 10 min., or until potatoes are partially tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Clean onions and cut into 1/4 in slices.
5. Drain on absorbent paper, contents of cans Norway kippers.
6. Cover bottom of casserole with a layer of the partially cooked potatoes, brush with butter.
7. Cover with a layer of the onion slices. Top onions with a layer of kippers. Repeat layers of potatoes, onions and kippers.
8. Beat eggs slightly.
9. Add milk, salt and pepper gradually, stirring constantly.
10. Pour over the fish in the casserole.
11. Bake in the hot water bath at 350°F. 40 min., or until a silver knife comes out clean when inserted halfway between center and edge of casserole.
12. Garnish with sprigs of parsley and serve immediately.