|Potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound (4 Medium Size)|
|Canned norway kippers||13 Ounce (4 Cans, 3 1/4 Cans)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Butter a 2-qt. casserole. Heat water for hot water bath.
2. Wash, pare and cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices.
3. Cook about 10 min., or until potatoes are partially tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Clean onions and cut into 1/4 in slices.
5. Drain on absorbent paper, contents of cans Norway kippers.
6. Cover bottom of casserole with a layer of the partially cooked potatoes, brush with butter.
7. Cover with a layer of the onion slices. Top onions with a layer of kippers. Repeat layers of potatoes, onions and kippers.
8. Beat eggs slightly.
9. Add milk, salt and pepper gradually, stirring constantly.
10. Pour over the fish in the casserole.
11. Bake in the hot water bath at 350°F. 40 min., or until a silver knife comes out clean when inserted halfway between center and edge of casserole.
12. Garnish with sprigs of parsley and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2002 Calories from Fat 798
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g137.7%
Saturated Fat 41 g205.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1238.5 mg412.8%
Sodium 4160.2 mg173.3%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g56.1%
Dietary Fiber 19.5 g78.1%
Sugars 47.3 g
Protein 146 g292.8%
Vitamin A 55.3% Vitamin C 237%
Calcium 99.1% Iron 60.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet