Tuna With Coconut Curry Sauce
|Canned coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tamarind concentrate/Lime juice||4 Teaspoon|
|Thai red curry paste/Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless tuna||1 1⁄2 Pound (Ahi, 1 1/4 To 1 1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Chopped salted roasted cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, mix coconut milk, tamarind concentrate, and curry paste; stir in cilantro.
2. Rinse tuna, pat dry, and turn over in coconut milk sauce. Lift out fish; save the sauce.
3. Pour sauce into a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring. Or bring to a boil in a microwave-safe container in a microwave oven at full power (100%). Keep warm.
4. Have barbecue ready with direct heat at very hot. Lightly oil grill and set fish on it. Cook tuna until bottom is pale color about 1/4 inch into fish (cut to test; center is red), about 2 minutes. Turn tuna with a wide spatula and cook until side on grill is the same color as it is on the top, and center is still pink to red, about 1 minute longer.
5. Stir cashews into rice, spoon onto plates, and top with equal portions tuna. Sprinkle with basil.