Pasta With Artichokes & Anchovies
|Linguine||8 Ounce (230 Gram)|
|Marinated artichoke hearts||6 Ounce (1 Jar /170 Gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced / pressed|
|Anchovy paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned sliced ripe olives||2 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can / 65 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||10 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||20 Gram (1/4 Cup)|
1. In a 4- to 5-quart (3.8- to 5-liter) pan, cook linguine in about 8 cups (1.9 liters) boiling water until just tender to bite (8 to 10 minutes); or cook according to package directions. Drain well, transfer to a warm wide bowl, and keep warm.
2. While pasta is cooking, carefully drain marinade from artichokes into a wide nonstick frying pan or wok. Cut artichokes into bite-size pieces and set aside. Heat marinade over medium heat; add garlic and stir-fry until pale gold (about 3 minutes). Add anchovy paste, olives, and artichokes; stir-fry until heated through (about 2 minutes).
3. Pour artichoke mixture over pasta. Add chopped parsley and cheese; mix gently but thoroughly. Garnish with parsley sprigs; season to taste with pepper.
3. Smoothly blend cornstarch with 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the milk. Add cornstarch mixture, remaining milk, half-and-half, and broth to pan. Return to medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat to low and add cheese, thyme, marjoram, sage, and nutmeg; stir until cheese is melted. Remove pan from heat and stir in sherry.
4. Spoon sauce over pasta; mix gently. Spoon pasta onto individual plates; sprinkle with lemon peel. Season to taste with salt and pepper.`